Have you ever wondered how to balance your work life with your spouse and your kids?
I have too.
There’s a good reason why entrepreneurs sometimes refer to their businesses as their mistress – both marriage and career require nurturing, time and your loving attention.
Perhaps your spouse complains that you don’t spend enough time with them at home. If you’re like many career oriented people, you may be concerned that if you spend more time at home, your career or business will suffer.
Yet, if you spend too much time at work, your wife and kids may miss you and protest your absence. If you spend too much time at home, your career may suffer.
Caught between a rock and a hard place, right?
So, which should you prioritize? Work, kids or spouse?
Actually, the answer is… none of them.
The answer lies in this value packed interview below. Hit hit the orange play button below to listen to it. Thanks Matt Brown from Digital Kungfu for making this interview happen.
Here are some of the highlights:
- How a secure relationship can make you live longer and make more money (really!) [10:48]
- The role of your spouse in your career [13:40]
- The most efficient way to calm yourself down when you’re stressed [14:47]
- How being dependent on another can be a strength [15:37]
- Relationship advice from Richard Branson and the world’s greatest leaders [18:12]
- What to do to inspire your spouse to support your career goals [25:54]
- How to implement habits that foster connection with your loved ones [35:13]
- Why relationship therapy is broken [39:20]
- The lonely road of entrepreneurship – how to overcome the “path of isolation” [42:24]
- How to overcome criticism from friends, family and partners [45:13]
- The fundamentals of any happy marriage [52:41]
- How to know when your business is costing you your marriage and or relationships [56:01]
- Why not having enough time tor your marriage is bullshit [1:02:15]
- How to manage the pressures of entrepreneurship [1:03:22]